Dryers are an integral part of any laundry. They come in many different sizes and styles and can be found in every home. Their basic function is to remove moisture from clothes. Some of the problems our technicians commonly encounter with dryers include:
- Not turning on, not heating, errors codes
- Clothes not drying
- Problems with the door latch or knob breaking off
- Broken or clogged vents making strange noises or smelling funny
Dryer Repair Checklist:
- Make sure you do not smell anything burning when it is plugged in. If there is any kind of smell, unplug it immediately.
- Check to see if the dryer is getting power to it by checking the breaker box. Look for tripped breakers or blown fuses. Also, check your house circuit panel for overloading due to the overuse of other high-powered appliances, such as space heaters and washing machines.
- The drum should be able to move freely when the belt is loose. If the belt breaks then it may not move freely causing problems with drying clothes properly or even causing parts of the dryer to get extremely hot while other parts are not warm enough which might catch fire.
- Make sure that you clean out all lint build-up from around it.
- Make sure that there is a thermostat in the thermal fuse and that it is not broken or clogged.
- Make sure that the thermal fuse is functioning properly and that there are no wires that have been burned off from it getting too hot. The thermal probe should be clean and free of lint build-up so as to avoid false readings from the high temperatures caused by a fire inside of your dryer.
In these cases, hiring a professional appliance repair technician may save you from being locked into an expensive purchase for a new dryer. These repairs can easily be done by a dryer repair specialist. It is beneficial to call for a professional for such repairs, and we are the best people to call. To have us come to your home and take a look at the dryer, call us up today!
Our technicians are well-versed in all types of dryers. They can take a look at it and give you an estimate for the repairs over the phone. Sometimes, they may be able to do them there where they are located, or sometimes we will need to bring them back to our shop for repair. Either way, we guarantee that we will help you fix your dryer easily and affordably.